Therapy Services for Children, Adults, and Families
Should My Child Be in Therapy? Should I?
Wondering if therapy is right for you or your family? You’re not alone. Seeking help from a mental health expert is something many people consider, especially when:
- Facing a significant crisis
- Behavior problems are causing stress and conflict in the home
- Dealing with an extended period of anxiety or depression
- Coping with a major life transition
- Dealing with complicated family dynamics
- Struggling with relationship problems
- Wanting to make changes for better mental and emotional health
- Noticing a change/ decline in academic or work performance
- Not being able to enjoy things you like to do
- Avoiding particular situations/ places (such as school, friends/ social events)
- Using substances to cope
The Benefits of Therapy in Children and Adults
Regardless of your reason, therapy offers a broad array of benefits for all of us.
Individual therapy for children, teens, parents and adults gives you a safe space to explore your thoughts, feelings, and concerns. It can also:
- Help improve communication skills
- Help you feel empowered
- Empower you to develop fresh insights about your life
- Learn how to make healthier choices
- Develop coping strategies to manage distress
- Provide a safe and neutral place to process emotions and stressors
Family and Couples Therapy can offer benefits such as:
- Offering collaboration among family members
- Identifying ways to find healthy support
- Resolving conflict
- Restoring lost trust
- Restoring intimacy
- Learning how to support each other through difficult times
- Forming a stronger bond
We offer a variety of approaches and specialized forms of therapy. To learn more, click here.
In-Person Therapy Services:
We offer in-person therapy for children ages 2+, teens, and adults in one of our three locations: Cary, North Raleigh, and Greensboro.
Telehealth and Virtual Therapy:
We also offer telehealth for individuals who prefer to have therapy from the convenience of home or out of the office. All of the providers at Wynns Family Psychology are trained and adept in providing Telehealth to our clients. We can provide Teletherapy appointments to anyone in the State of North Carolina. Psychologists who are a member of PSYPACT can also see clients in any of the participating states PSYPACT.